News & Events
Learn more about Christ the King School and the Foundation that supports it.
School Developments and Improvements
The Foundation supports the School in very tangible and important ways. First, the Foundation’s annual financial endowment supports the School’s infrastructure, programs, and staffing. In a less tangible but no less important way, the Foundation’s endowment provides additional financial stability which helps propel the growth of the School’s enrollment and the expansion of the School’s staff and programs.
Here are some of the most exciting recent developments at Christ the King School:
- Enrollment has increased 30% since 2014
- Spanish instruction added for grades 4-8
- One-to-one devices for all students (iPads for K-3 – touchscreen Chromebooks for 4th-8th grade)
- Full-time counselor, music teacher, librarian, PE teacher and art teacher
- Dedicated Junior High religion teacher
- Full-time school nurse
- Four resource teachers to support students on learning plans
- Thriving preschool (77% enrollment increase since 2014, expansion from one classroom to four)
- Replacement of old smart boards with View Sonics (flat-screen, non-projected interactive boards)
- Replacement of old drinking fountains with new filtered fountains with bottle filters
- New million-dollar HVAC system school-wide (removal of radiators increased space in classrooms)
- New carpet tiles in all classrooms
- Freshly painted hallways with school spirit signage
- LED lighting in all learning environments
- Addition and renovation of the old convent into the new Walsh Center!
– Enhanced secure entrance (double buzz-in system)
– New main office
– New signage and landscaping
– First ever music room!
– New art room
– New library under the same roof as the rest of the school
– Two newly renovated kindergarten classrooms
– ADA-compliant bathrooms
– 5-stop elevator
– Upgraded PA System
- Addition of Second Step, a social-emotional curriculum across all grades
- Expanded before- and after-care options for families – MACCK (Morning and After Care at CK)
- Handicap-accessible campus, including ramps in the front and back of the building
Without question, these are exciting times at Christ the King School, which offers its students a first-class education utilizing the latest technology in a safe and supportive Catholic environment. The Foundation has been an integral part of the School’s growth and development for several decades. With the help of the Foundation’s generous donors and the steadfast support of the Foundation, the School will continue its tradition of excellence for generations to come.
Since its inception in 1993, Christ the King School Foundation has donated an amount in excess of $1.3 Million to the School. Over the past year, the Foundation has achieved new levels of success in its mission to support the School:
- The Foundation now manages more than $2 Million in assets.
- In 2021, the Foundation contributed more than $95,000 to the School as its annual endowment.
- The Foundation website now allows easy donations via credit card or Venmo.
- The Foundation will host a “Speakeasy” gala at Ridge Country Club on November 5, 2021.
- The Foundation continues to serve as the community’s preferred memorial recipient following the loss of a loved one.
More information about the history and role of the Foundation can be found in the About Us section of this website.